Georges Dancin Bare - Strip Club Staff Strangles Client
I was recently assaulted and strangled to death by a staff member at Georges Dancin Bare. A "gentleman's club" located at 440 North Interstate Avenue in Portland, Oregon. What began as fun night with friends at a never before seen dive known for its filthiness ended with a nearly fatal assault on a customer by employees with an established track record of both rude and violent behavior.
If I had done my research before my friends mentioned going to a club called "Dancin Bare" I would have both suggested a better place or reacted with something other than a joke about what sounded like "dancing bear" being the possible name of a place for overweight *** men. From the second you enter Dancin Bare you will see why one City Search review titled "eww" described it as "Yuck dirty. Won't go near the place again. The entertainment was as dirty as the rest of it. This place should not be located in a residential neighborhood." A filthy dive of a bar that rivals the most "Animal House" like fraternity basements. Not surprising for what on the outside looks like sleazy hotel in one of Portland's most ghetto areas not ideal for slumming.
The behavior of the staff members has been well documented in recent years as one BarFlyMag.com ranter describes, "Staff was very rude and would never go back" and another describes the bartenders as "the most unfriendly i've ever encountered". A Feeling shared by a City Search reviewer who had "never been treated so bad by a bartender". Most alarming is the Barfly.com review about the security staff "throwing me on my head" as one man describes his ejection on a night where he "out drank Ireland" and "jumped on stage topless". None of this compares to the blatant assault on me by an out of control security guard.
It all started early on, but the exact timing I don't recall. I had been drinking beers and barhopping with some old friends from college. I was sitting at the rack with my cell phone in my lap as i looked down at the screen thumbing through options. A guard came over and asked me to put the phone away and I obliged. I think he might have thought I was taking pictures of the dancers, but he never asked to see the phone (not that I would have given it to him) or to see any of the media folders (where pictures and videos are stored). A little bit later I came back from the bathroom and found that my friends had moved from the stage to the pool table. They had already started a game so I just stood by and sipped on a beer that they gave me while talking and watching them play. After a few minutes a guard came over and told me that I was cutoff. In a civil tone I started questioning him as to why due to the fact that I had not been causing trouble or bothering anyone. After a minute or two the negotiations were going nowhere, as I was finishing my beer when all of a sudden he grabbed my arm and I jerked away in a natural reaction before being tackled and placed in a choke hold. After I was on the ground being strangled from behind to the point of nearly loosing consciousness I kept signaling a tap out wresting style (one free hand tapping three times against the ground), but he continued to strangle me multiple times despite the fact that I was in no position to fight back or otherwise pose a threat to him. He let me go eventually and I never plan on going back.
I'm just your average sized intellectual with no notable physical strength. One look at me and most guys won't be concerned about ever getting into a physical confrontation. If he wanted me out of there so badly he should have just called the police to have me escorted out without attacking me. Even if using a life threatening choke hold is necessary it should not be applied to someone after they tap out at which point its continued use becomes deliberate life threatening torture of a defenseless person.
I am currently thinking of going lawyer shopping depending on what kind of evidence and/or witnesses I can compile. Not even the guy on Bar Fly Mag who jumped on the stage topless got put in a choke hold and certainly someone standing still minding his own business does not deserve to be subjected to a martial arts move the use of which is currently discouraged, restricted, or banned by all U.S. law enforcement agencies due to risk of fatal injuries.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Gentlemans Club
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "i got a page telling me i am a guaranteed certified winner of one of four prizes "apple iPad mini,dell inspiron laptop computer,Samsung 65" 3d led smart tv ,$50 sky..."
- "I am one of the many players banned in the recent wave of bans by Kixeye in War Commander. The bans seem to be targeting mainly high level accounts. Why..."
- "I was reviewing my charge history for the past year as I was doing my taxes. I found that I had been charged twice a month for Netflix. ..."
- "Wow!!....Wow! I'm absolutely speechless.I don't know where to start from or how to explain how sad I feel.I usually stay away from the Gresham location because there product is all..."
- "I purchased one of these in the spring when Home Depot had them on sale. I loved it. Looked nice in the front of the house, was light..."
- "I called Casting 360 and the lady, who probably sits in the Phillipines, (as my wife is from there and I am very savvy of the accent) was very eager..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."
- "I bought a whirlpool washer and got arrested in the and I bought extended warranty and they won't fix it..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."